These teething must-haves need to be on your baby registry. Just click on photos and/or product names to find out where to purchase. FYI: I have not been compensated by any of the brands endorsed below. These are my own recommendations, baby-tested and mom-approved.
1. Sophie the Giraffe Teether – I don’t know what it is about this overpriced little mammal, but babies really do love to bite her head off! And she’s just the right size and shape for them to easily manipulate. Plus, she squeaks! It’s a splurge, but it’s a good one.
2. Honest Company Teether – Easy to clean in the dishwasher, this silicone teether is great for little baby hands to grab on to and hang on to. You can even throw it into the fridge or freezer for added teething relief.
3. MAM Cooler Teether – The MAM Cooler Teether is great for freezing or cooling in the fridge. The plastic ring to hold on to keeps their hands comfortable, while the little tentacles filled with water keeps their gums comfortable. Maddie would nosh away on this teether constantly.
4. Hylands Teething Tablets – These homeopathic, dissolvable tabs came highly recommended to us. And while I can’t say for sure these are a fix-all (since I was usually guessing “teething” behavior at all the wrong times), I did find that after popping a few of these little melty guys into Madeline’s mouth that she’d instantly become a lot more pleasant. Worth trying, especially when they’re too young for Tylenol.
5. Boiron Camilia Teething Relief – Much like the magical teething tablets above, this homeopathic liquid luck often helped calm our irritable teether. Besides coming highly recommended and reviewed, Maddie loved drinking these drops front the individual serving-sized droppers.
6. Amber Teething Necklace – Really? Another homeopathic remedy, you say? Listen. Teething is no joke. And if putting an adorable healing necklace is the key to my child’s happiness and well-being, then you can bet I’m gonna put them in an adorable healing necklace. I’d try anything, and you will, too. Trust me.
7. Honest Company Toothpaste – This safe to swallow children’s toothpaste is fluoride-free and contains no artifical sweeteners, flavors or dyes. The natural strawberry flavor is a real winner in our house and a total incentive for Madeline to keep her chompers clean.
8. GUM Crayola Children’s Toothbrush – Seen one pint-sized toothbrush, you’ve seen them all. Except that this one has a little suction cup on the bottom which is not only hygienic (keeps the brush off the bathroom counter) but is super fun to stick all around the bathroom — on the counter, on the mirror, etc.
Hey, moms and dads! Tell me…what are your teething must-haves?? Leave your suggestions in the comments below, and I’ll compile them all into my Ultimate Baby Registry: You Can’t Live Without It! post! XOXO, Allison
Check out the rest of the Ultimate Baby Registry here!