My Pin: Lost Socks Board
My Project: Lost Socks Board
I tried this: May 2012
Alterations: I screwed eye hooks into the top to thread the twine through, so the board would lay flat. And I think I used a larger piece of wood.
Thoughts: I really like my lost sock board. I like that it keeps matchless socks from recirculating through the laundry and also keeps them out of Lilypad’s mouth. But if I could go back and do this project again, I would do a better job of gluing down my (burlap print) paper to the board before modge-podging over it. Also, I would be more meticulous about getting my letter stickers/words centered on the board (it’s doesn’t look so bad, but I’m a little obsessive). Finally, I wish I had used larger letter stickers (mine were about 1 inch tall; I think my pin must have used 2 inch tall stickers or a smaller board). All in all, though, I’m satisfied with this project!